Jump to Main Content
- Maizan, M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Veterinary Parasitology: Regional Studies and Reports 2019 v.17 pp. 100310
- Setaria digitata; Thoroughbred; cornea; etiological agents; genes; genetic databases; light microscopes; mares; ointments; opacity; oxytetracycline; parasites; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; sequence homology; veterinary clinics; Malaysia
- ... The occurrence of Setaria digitata in a horse is reported for the first time in Malaysia. An 8-year-old Thoroughbred cross mare was referred to the University Veterinary Clinic with the primary complaint of corneal opacity and excessive eye discharge. After initial treatment with Terramycin eye ointment, corneal opacity cleared partially to reveal a moving thread-like cylindrical worm in the anter ...
- Maizan, M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Archives of virology 2002 v.147 no.8 pp. 1623-1630
- serological surveys; Nipah henipavirus; complementary DNA; cell culture; serotypes; Orthobunyavirus; phylogeny; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; viruses; genes; nucleotide sequences; lungs; RNA; swine; Malaysia
- ... A virus, named Oya virus, was isolated in Vero cell cultures from the lungs of a pig suspected of Nipah virus infection. The virus was revealed as a spherical enveloped RNA virus with a diameter of 79 nm. For identification of Oya virus, RT-PCR was performed. A common primer set for S-RNA of the Simbu serogroup of the genus Bunyavirus was able to amplify a cDNA from Oya virus RNA. The sequence dat ...