Jump to Main Content
- Majeed, Sheikh Tahir, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.125 pp. 651-659
- glucose; messenger RNA; nutrients; phosphorylation; rapamycin; translation (genetics)
- ... The cap dependent translation initiation is a tightly controlled process of cooperative ternary complex formation by 4E-BP1, eIF4E and the 5′ cap of eukaryotic mRNA in response to environmental cues like glucose, nutrients and growth factor levels. Based on the well-described effects of mTORC1/rapamycin complex on 4E-BP1 phosphorylation/s, it is generally accepted that rapamycin is a global inhibi ...
- Majeed, Sheikh Tahir, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India, Section B: biological sciences 2016 v.86 no.4 pp. 985-994
- Amanita pantherina; Amanita vaginata; DNA primers; Pinus wallichiana; conifers; ectomycorrhizae; fungi; internal transcribed spacers; phylogeny; ribosomal DNA; roots; trees; India
- ... Worldwide genus Amanita is represented by more than 500 ectomycorrhizal (ECM) species. These species form mutualistic associations with a number of host trees among which the conifers predominate. Set out to explore the ECM associations of Amanita in Kashmir Himalayas, Amanita calyptroderma, Amanita pantherina and Amanita vaginata show symbiotic associations with the roots of Pinus wallichiana. Be ...