Jump to Main Content
- Makmor-Bakry, Mohd, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Parasitology research 2019 v.118 no.3 pp. 1011-1018
- Plasmodium vivax; drugs; genetics; malaria; metabolism; parasites
- ... Eliminating the Plasmodium vivax malaria parasite infection remains challenging. One of the main problems is its capacity to form hypnozoites that potentially lead to recurrent infections. At present, primaquine is the only drug used for the management of hypnozoites. However, the effects of primaquine may differ from one individual to another. The aim of this work is to determine new measures to ...
- Makmor Bakry, Mohd, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International journal of food properties 2016 v.19 no.7 pp. 1483-1488
- diastolic blood pressure; durians; heart rate; males; placebos
- ... The effect of durian on cardiovascular health remains controversial. This study investigated the correlation between durian intake and the elevation of blood pressure and heart rate in healthy males. Subjects consumed either placebo, 250 or 500 g durian flesh. The blood pressure and heart rate were measured at various intervals up to 24 h. Both systolic and diastolic blood pressure remained normal ...