Jump to Main Content
- Mandal, N. P., et al. Show all 19 Authors
- Rice 2019 v.12 no.1 pp. 8
- climate; drought; farmers; flooding tolerance; grain yield; introgression; isogenic lines; marker-assisted selection; quantitative trait loci; rice; single nucleotide polymorphism; submergence; water stress; India; Nepal
- ... BACKGROUND: Climate extremes such as drought and flood have become major constraints to the sustainable rice crop productivity in rainfed environments. Availability of suitable climate-resilient varieties could help farmers to reduce the grain yield losses resulting from the climatic extremities. The present study was undertaken with an aim to develop high-yielding drought and submergence tolerant ...
- Mandal, N. P., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of experimental botany 2014 v.65 no.21 pp. 6265-6278
- adverse effects; drought; drought tolerance; genetic variation; introgression; quantitative trait loci; rice
- ... This study discusses improvement of popular rice varieties under drought through the identification and marker-assisted introgression of drought yield QTLs without any adverse effect on yield under normal conditions. ...
- PubMed Central: