Jump to Main Content
- Manni, E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2012 no.931 pp. 331-337
- Vitis vinifera; canopy; crop yield; defoliation; flowering; fruiting; grapes; leaves; phenolic compounds; pruning; shoots; soluble solids; summer; vines; vineyards; Italy
- ... Control of yield level and canopy density is considered crucial for attaining high quality grapes. This goal can be achieved combining severe winter pruning and summer pruning techniques, such as cluster thinning and leaf removal in fruiting zone around veraison, but new strategies have been recently investigated. Among them, shoot thinning and early defoliation (at flowering) of the basal part of ...
- Manni, E., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Reproduction, fertility, and development 2011 v.23 no.2 pp. 319-328
- antagonists; betamethasone; cell communication; cell proliferation; connexins; fluorescent antibody technique; glucocorticoid receptors; glucocorticoids; models; pregnancy; progesterone; progesterone receptors; trophoblast
- ... Connexins (Cx) are membrane proteins able to influence cell trophoblast responses, such as proliferation, differentiation, migration and invasiveness. Likewise, glucocorticoids are also known to modulate many factors involved in implantation, including trophoblast gap-junction intercellular communication, although their influence on pregnancy is controversial. In order to investigate the effects o ...