Jump to Main Content
- Mansour, Christelle, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of veterinary emergency and critical care 2018 v.28 no.5 pp. 447-456
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa; analgesia; cardiac output; catheters; heart rate; lactic acid; nociception; norepinephrine; piglets; protocols; pulmonary artery; septic shock; veterinary medicine
- ... OBJECTIVE: To determine the effects of esmolol on hemodynamics and heart rate variability (HRV) in the early stage of sepsis. DESIGN: Prospective, randomized, controlled, parallel trial. SETTINGS: Veterinary research laboratory. ANIMALS: Ten anesthetized piglets. INTERVENTIONS: Septic shock was induced by infusing a suspension of live Pseudomonas aeruginosa IV in 10 anesthetized piglets. The pigle ...
- Mansour, Christelle, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Research in veterinary science 2017 v.115 pp. 271-277
- analgesia; anesthesia; dogs; heart rate; isoflurane; nociception; prediction; surgery; systolic blood pressure
- ... The Parasympathetic Tone Activity (PTA) is an index based on the analysis of heart rate variability that has been recently developed to assess the analgesia/nociception balance in anaesthetised animals. The present study aimed to evaluate its performance in dogs undergoing surgery.Thirty dogs admitted for elective surgeries, were anaesthetised with a standardised protocol. PTA, heart rate (HR), sy ...