Jump to Main Content
- Manteau, Sébastien, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Critical reviews in food science and nutrition 2018 v.58 no.8 pp. 1375-1390
- byproducts; electric field; electric power; grapes; polyphenols; raw materials; recycling; solvents; supercritical fluid extraction; ultrasonics; winemaking
- ... Grape byproducts are today considered as a cheap source of valuable compounds since existent technologies allow the recovery of target compounds and their recycling. The goal of the current article is to explore the different recovery stages used by both conventional and alternative techniques and processes. Alternative pre-treatments techniques reviewed are: ultrasounds, pulsed electric fields an ...
- Manteau, Sébastien, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- European food research & technology 2015 v.240 no.4 pp. 689-699
- animal proteins; flavor; food research; gelatin; glycoproteins; glycosylation; polysaccharides; protein composition; red wines; tannins; wine quality; yeasts
- ... Wine producers have to label the use of certain animal proteins for fining of must and wine since 2012 [regulation (EC) No. 579/2012] under specific conditions, which has encouraged the search for alternative fining agents produced out of plants or yeasts. Yeast proteins are naturally present in wine and first studies of yeast protein extracts (YPE) for the fining of wine have been published, whic ...