Jump to Main Content
- Manzano, Georges, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2011 v.129 no.2 pp. 283-293
- Bayesian theory; Prunus cerasifera; Prunus domestica; Prunus spinosa; chloroplast DNA; genetic variation; haplotypes; information management; microsatellite repeats; phenotypic variation; plums; quantitative traits
- ... In the present study, phenotypic variability of 80 plum (Prunus domestica L.) varieties maintained in the French National Plum Collection was evaluated with 19 quantitative traits. In addition, genetic diversity and genetic structure was studied in three plum species (P. domestica L., Prunus cerasifera Ehrh. and Prunus spinosa L.) using chloroplast DNA (cpDNA) markers and five single sequence repe ...
- Manzano, George, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Tree genetics & genomes 2010 v.6 no.5 pp. 701-715
- Castanea crenata; Castanea mollissima; Castanea sativa; Phytophthora; correspondence analysis; cultivars; genetic variation; hybrids; introgression; loci; microsatellite repeats; trees; variance; Canary Islands; France; Iberian Peninsula; Portugal; Spain
- ... This is the first known large-scale molecular study of simple sequence repeats (SSR) loci based on samples from grafted trees found in the Iberian Peninsula and Canary Islands and hybrids. Interspecific hybrids resistant to ‘ink disease' (Phytophthora spp.) were obtained in France, Portugal and Spain, although difficult to distinguish by morphology. This study focuses on genetic variation using 10 ...