Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: xinyu?
- Mao, Xinyou, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental chemistry letters 2018 v.16 no.4 pp. 1429-1434
- World Health Organization; adsorbents; adsorption; antidotes; aquatic environment; aqueous solutions; drinking water; environmental protection; formaldehyde; glutathione; heavy metals; humans; ions; melamine; mercury; mercury poisoning; methylmercury compounds; microorganisms; sorption isotherms; China
- ... Minamata disease is caused by methylmercury, which is produced by microorganisms from inorganic mercury ions, Hg(II), in the aquatic environment. Adsorption is a feasible method to remove Hg(II) from waters, but there are some drawbacks when using conventional adsorbents, for example, tedious solid–liquid separation, slow response, and excessive residual levels of mercury. In this work, a novel sp ...
- Mao, Xinyou, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental chemistry letters 2018 v.16 no.2 pp. 653-658
- adsorbents; adsorption; copper; decontamination; ecosystems; heavy metals; hydrogels; lakes; lead; mechanical properties; mining; polyacrylic acid; risk; sodium; toxicity; water pollution; China
- ... Water pollution caused by heavy metals has dramatically impacted ecosystems in recent years. For instance, 45.4% of lakes in China are in the category of moderate to high risk of toxic metal pollution, due to excessive mining. There is, therefore, a need for efficient techniques of metal decontamination. Hydrogels are gaining interest as heavy metal adsorbents because of their easy separation, but ...