Jump to Main Content
- Maquet, Véronique, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of functional foods 2017 v.30 pp. 313-320
- Bacteroidetes; Roseburia; bile salts; colon; dietary fiber; fermentation; fungi; humans; ingestion; intestinal microorganisms; iron absorption; microbial activity; water holding capacity
- ... Despite the availability of in vivo data showing the positive effect of chitin-glucan (CG), an insoluble dietary fiber extracted from the cell wall of fungi, its fate after ingestion remains unknown. In this study, we made use of the in vitro Simulator of the Human Intestinal Microbial Ecosystem (SHIME®) to assess the impact of two different doses of CG (1.5 and 4.5g/day) on the physiology of the ...
- Maquet, Véronique, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of materials science 2006 v.41 no.13 pp. 3999-4008
- X-ray diffraction; absorption; foams; hydroxyapatite; mechanical properties; microstructure; nanoparticles; scanning electron microscopy; tissue engineering; titanium dioxide; weight loss
- ... Porous poly(D,L-lactide) PDLLA foams containing 0, 5 and 20 wt% of TiO₂ nanoparticles were fabricated and characterised. The addition of Bioglass® particles was also studied in a composite containing 5 wt% of Bioglass® particles and 20 wt% of TiO₂ nanoparticles. The microstructure of the four different foam types was characterised using scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and their mechanical prope ...