Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: maria?
- Marie, Jean Paul, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Physiology & behavior 2017 v.179 pp. 434-441
- deglutition; electrodes; laboratory animals; rats; respiratory rate; surgery; vagus nerve
- ... The ventilatory pattern during sequential swallowing is influenced by the vagal activity. As the vagus nerve is paired and mixed, we aimed (1) to determine if vagal implication in swallowing and breathing coordination is symmetric. (2) to study the importance of vagal afferences in swallowing and breathing coordination. Sixty two Wistar rats (7–11weeks, 260–400g) were studied by barometric plethys ...
- Marie, Jean-Paul, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- American journal of veterinary research 2016 v.77 no.11 pp. 1245-1251
- electrical treatment; horses; larynx; muscles; nerve tissue; peripheral nervous system diseases
- ... OBJECTIVE To develop and assess the feasibility, repeatability, and safety of an ultrasound-guided technique to stimulate the first cervical nerve (FCN) at the level of the alar foramen of the atlas of horses. ANIMALS 4 equine cadavers and 6 clinically normal Standardbreds. PROCEDURES In each cadaver, the FCN pathway was determined by dissection, and any anastomosis between the first and second ce ...