Jump to Main Content
- Martín‐Bravo, S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Molecular ecology 2018 v.27 no.7 pp. 1696-1713
- Carex; Miocene epoch; Pliocene epoch; amplified fragment length polymorphism; climate change; flora; fossils; gene flow; genetic variation; monophyly; niches; nuclear genome; phylogeography; plastid DNA; Central European region; Mediterranean region
- ... Estimating species ability to adapt to environmental changes is crucial to understand their past and future response to climate change. The Mediterranean Basin has experienced remarkable climatic changes since the Miocene, which have greatly influenced the evolution of the Mediterranean flora. Here, we examine the evolutionary history and biogeographic patterns of two sedge sister species (Carex, ...
- Martín-Bravo, S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- South African journal of botany 2013 v.87 pp. 85-91
- Carex; Ceratocystis; chloroplast DNA; conservation status; forests; herbaria; internal transcribed spacers; introns; mountains; new species; understory; South Africa
- ... Carex rainbowii (Cariceae, Cyperaceae), a new species from the Drakensberg mountains (KwaZulu-Natal province), is described and illustrated. It was found in the shady understory of the Afromontane forest in the Cathedral Peak area. An additional, nearby population was also identified based on previously collected herbarium material. Morphological and molecular (cpDNA 5′trnK intron and nrDNA ITS an ...