Jump to Main Content
- Martín-Lerma, I., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Review of palaeobotany and palynology 2018 v.259 pp. 63-80
- Hyaena; Pistacia; caves; chamaephytes; coasts; grasslands; hemicryptophytes; landscapes; littoral zone; palynology; pollen analysis; salt marshes; savannas; shrublands; woodlands; Gibraltar; Iberian Peninsula
- ... This paper presents pollen analyses on hyaena coprolites from Vanguard Cave, Gibraltar, with the aim of depicting the vegetation landscapes of the southern Iberian Neanderthals during the MIS 3. The Palaeolithic vegetation in the surroundings included pine, oak, juniper, Pistacia, and mixed woodlands, savannahs, riverine forest patches, heliophytic matorrals, rocky scrub with chamaephytes and hemi ...
- Martín-Lerma, I., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Quaternary international 2012 v.272-273 pp. 42-54
- Lagomorpha; autumn; environmental factors; fuelwood; humans; landscapes; paleoecology; people; raw materials; spring; temperate zones; Iberian Peninsula; Spain
- ... The chronostratigraphic framework of the Magdalenian in the interior of the Iberian Peninsula currently covers the period 21,440–21,040 cal BP (level 2 of the Cueva del Gato site at Epila, Province of Zaragoza) to 12,770–12,570 cal BP (level I of the La Peña de Estebanvela site, Ayllón, Province of Segovia). These dates embrace times of strong climatic oscillation, beginning with very rigorous env ...