Jump to Main Content
- Martins, Flávia A., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Microbial pathogenesis 2019 v.135 pp. 103618
- Trypanosoma cruzi; amastigotes; angiogenesis; bioactive properties; cell cycle; chemotaxis; epimastigotes; fibrosis; leukocytes; mice; parasite load; parasites; pathogenesis; phagocytosis
- ... P21 is a protein secreted by Trypanosoma cruzi (T. cruzi). Previous studies have shown a spectrum of biological activities performed by P21 such as induction of phagocytosis, leukocyte chemotaxis and inhibition of angiogenesis. However, the activity of P21 in T. cruzi infection remains unknown. Here, we reported the role of P21 in mice harboring late T. cruzi infection. Treatment with recombinant ...
- Martins, Flávia A., et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Acta tropica 2016 v.157 pp. 42-53
- Trypanosoma cruzi; animals; chemokines; heart; immune response; immunotherapy; oral administration; parasites; parasitism; secretion; spleen; stomach; tissue tropism
- ... Trypanosoma cruzi has high biological and biochemical diversity and variable tissue tropism. Here we aimed to verify the kinetics of cytokine and chemokine in situ secretion in animals infected with two distinct T. cruzi strains after oral inoculation. Also, we investigated parasite migration, residence and pathological damage in stomach, heart and spleen. Our results showed that host immune respo ...