Jump to Main Content
- Mason-Renton, Sarah A., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Environmental science & policy 2018 v.84 pp. 88-96
- European Union; biosolids; culture and humanities; issues and policy; land application; risk; risk assessment process; sewage; sewage sludge; sewage treatment; uncertainty; British Columbia; Sweden; United States
- ... Sewage management exhibits all characteristics of a ‘wicked’ problem: it is framed as a technical problem even though it is surrounded by scientific uncertainties, and the framing hides both value-frameworks and the unequal distribution of risks and benefits. In this study, we analyze how uncertainties and the limits of scientific knowledge are approached and communicated in two jurisdictions that ...
- Mason-Renton, Sarah, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Land use policy 2018 v.75 pp. 215-224
- agricultural land; extended families; farmers; governance; interviews; land reform; land tenure; land use; modernization; risk; site preparation; social class; Ghana
- ... Agricultural land in northern Ghana is a common pool resource predominantly governed by longstanding customary land tenure provisions. Following the renewed emphasis at achieving a new green revolution for Africa since the last decade, the government of Ghana has prioritized the provision of improved land preparation technologies to smallholder farmers. Although the uptake of these technologies ha ...