Jump to Main Content
- Massatti, Robert T., et al. Show all 24 Authors
- Restoration ecology 2018 v.26 no.6 pp. 1055-1060
- arid lands; climate change; deserts; ecological restoration; ecosystems; energy; grazing; livestock; plateaus; public lands; recreation; stakeholders; Western United States
- ... The Colorado Plateau is one of North America's five major deserts, encompassing 340,000 km² of the western United States, and offering many opportunities for restoration relevant to researchers and land managers in drylands around the globe. The Colorado Plateau is comprised of vast tracts of public land managed by local, state, and federal agencies that oversee a wide range of activities (e.g., m ...
- Massatti, Robert T., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of vegetation science 2010 v.21 no.3 pp. 472
- national forests; vegetation; plant communities; community structure; species diversity; environmental factors; wildfires; forest fires; fire ecology; ecological succession; invasive species; introduced species; topography; light intensity; forest regeneration; Colorado
- ... Objective: Our purpose was to characterize vegetation compositional patterns, tree regeneration, and plant diversity, and their relationships to landscape context, topography, and light availability across the margins of four stand-replacing subalpine burns. Location: Four 1977 to 1978 burns east of the Continental Divide in Colorado: the Ouzel burn, a burn near Kenosha Pass, the Badger Mountain b ...