Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: cepas?
- Masumbuko Ndabaga, Cephas, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- African journal of ecology 2019 v.57 no.2 pp. 247-259
- Gilbertiodendron; ectomycorrhizae; edaphic factors; forest ecosystems; forest stands; fruiting bodies; host plants; mycorrhizal fungi; nutrient availability; plant nutrition; rain forests; root systems; silt; soil heterogeneity; soil resources; species diversity; trees; Democratic Republic of the Congo
- ... Ectomycorrhizal fungi constitute an important component of forest ecosystems that enhances plant nutrition and resistance against stresses. Diversity of ectomycorrhizal (EcM) fungi is, however, affected by host plant diversity and soil heterogeneity. This study provides information about the influence of host plants and soil resources on the diversity of ectomycorrhizal fungal fruiting bodies from ...
- Masumbuko Ndabaga, Cephas, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of ethnobiology and ethnomedicine 2018 v.14 no.1 pp. 13
- Auricularia; Lentinus; Marasmius; Pleurotus tuber-regium; Schizophyllum commune; conservation areas; cornea; domestication; ectomycorrhizae; forest reserves; harvesting; income; indigenous knowledge; interviews; medicinal properties; medicine; mushrooms; nationalities and ethnic groups; nontimber forest products; rain forests; saprotrophs; surveys; trees; women; Democratic Republic of the Congo
- ... BACKGROUND: Wild mushrooms constitute an important non-timber forest product that provides diverse substances and services, especially food and income for local communities from many parts of the world. This study presents original ethnomycological documentation from the dense rainforests of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. METHODS: Ethnomycological surveys were made within local communities ...
- PubMed Central:
- Masumbuko, Ndabaga Céphas, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Regional environmental change 2012 v.12 no.4 pp. 951-959
- forest trees; hosts; lianas; montane forests; national forests; national parks; species diversity; tree and stand measurements; woody plants; Democratic Republic of the Congo; Republic of the Congo
- ... In the mountain forests of the Kahuzi-Biega National Park (KBNP), in the Democratic Republic of Congo, where Sericostachys scandens, a woody climbing plant in the Amaranthaceae family, is expanding, trees appear to be negatively affected by this liana. In order to contribute to the understanding of the links between the expansion of the liana and the decline of its hosts, we compared the density a ...