Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: casey?
- Mathesius, Carey, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2019 v.67 no.26 pp. 7466-7474
- Zea mays; amino acid sequences; corn; food crops; gene expression; genes; genetically modified plants; grain yield; proteins; safety assessment; seeds; sweetcorn
- ... The ZMM28 protein encoded by the zmm28 gene is endogenous to maize. DP202216 maize was genetically modified to increase and extend expression of the zmm28 gene relative to native zmm28 gene expression, resulting in plants with enhanced grain yield potential. Evaluation of the history of safe use (HOSU) is one component of the safety assessment framework for a newly expressed protein in a GM crop. ...
- Mathesius, Carey A., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2019 v.129 pp. 376-381
- Coleoptera; Pseudomonas chlororaphis; acute oral toxicity; adverse effects; allergenicity; amino acid sequences; bioinformatics; gastric juice; genes; heat stability; human health; pepsin; pests; proteins; safety assessment; toxicology; transgenic plants; weight-of-evidence
- ... The ipd072Aa gene from Pseudomonas chlororaphis encodes the IPD072Aa protein which confers protection against certain coleopteran pests when expressed in genetically modified (GM) plants. A weight of evidence approach was used to assess the safety of the IPD072Aa protein. This approach considered the history of safe use of the source organism and bioinformatic comparison of the protein sequence wi ...