Jump to Main Content
- Matthäus, Falk, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Fungal genetics and biology 2016 v.95 pp. 30-38
- Yarrowia lipolytica; acetate-CoA ligase; acetates; alcohol dehydrogenase; alcohol oxidase; alcoholic fermentation; anaerobic conditions; biochemical pathways; carbon; enzyme activity; ethanol; gene overexpression; genes; glucose; glycerol; hydrophobicity; in vitro studies; oxidation; proteins; yeasts
- ... The non-conventional yeast Yarrowia lipolytica is able to utilize a wide range of different substrates like glucose, glycerol, ethanol, acetate, proteins and various hydrophobic molecules. Although most metabolic pathways for the utilization of these substrates have been clarified by now, it was not clear whether ethanol is oxidized by alcohol dehydrogenases or by an alternative oxidation system i ...
- Matthäus, Falk, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Molecular biotechnology 2012 v.52 no.2 pp. 123-128
- amino acid sequences; computer software; gene expression; genes; intergenic DNA; messenger RNA; molecular cloning; mutation; nucleotide sequences; prices; restriction endonucleases
- ... The synthesis of complete genes is becoming a more and more popular approach in heterologous gene expression. Reasons for this are the decreasing prices and the numerous advantages in comparison to classic molecular cloning methods. Two of these advantages are the possibility to adapt the codon usage to the host organism and the option to introduce restriction enzyme target sites of choice. C.U.R. ...
- Matthäus, Falk, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- FEMS yeast research 2014 v.14 no.6 pp. 858-872
- Yarrowia lipolytica; alcohol dehydrogenase; alcohol oxidase; beta oxidation; culture media; dicarboxylic acids; genes; long chain fatty acids; oxidation; sequence analysis; yeasts
- ... Nine potential (fatty) alcohol dehydrogenase genes and one alcohol oxidase gene were identified in Yarrowia lipolytica by comparative sequence analysis. All relevant genes were deleted in Y. lipolytica H222ΔP which is lacking β‐oxidation. Resulting transformants were tested for their ability to accumulate ω‐hydroxy fatty acids and dicarboxylic acids in the culture medium. The deletion of eight alc ...