Jump to Main Content
- Mayhoub, Abdelrahman S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- RSC advances 2019 v.9 no.48 pp. 28171-28185
- World Health Organization; antibiotics; bacterial proteins; peptidoglycans
- ... The discovery of 3ʳᵈ and 4ᵗʰ generations of currently existing classes of antibiotics has not hindered bacterial resistance, which is escalating at an alarming global level. This review follows WHO recommendations through implementing new criteria for newly discovered antibiotics. These recommendations focus on abandoning old scaffolds and hitting new targets. In light of these recommendations, th ...
- Mayhoub, Abdelrahman S., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- RSC advances 2019 v.9 no.12 pp. 6770-6778
- antibiotic resistance; antimicrobial properties; biofilm; biological half-life; dose response; methicillin; methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; minimum inhibitory concentration; oral administration; oxadiazoles
- ... The structure–activity and structure–kinetic relationships of a new tert-butylphenylthiazole series with oxadiazole linkers were conducted with the objective of obtaining a new orally available antibacterial compounds. Twenty-two new compounds were prepared, purified and identified. Their activity against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus were examined. Compound 20 with 3-hydroxyazetidin ...
- Mayhoub, Abdelrahman S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Tetrahedron letters 2011 v.52 no.38 pp. 4941-4943
- chemical reactions; chemical structure; thioamides
- ... Aryl thioamides undergo very rapid condensation in the presence of methyl bromocyanoacetate to provide quantitative yields of 3,5-diaryl-1,2,4-thiadiazoles with an easy work-up and a high degree of product purity. The method can be scaled up with no loss in efficiency. ...
- PubMed Central: