Jump to Main Content
- McGlasson, Alex, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Macromolecules 2020 v.53 no.6 pp. 2235-2248
- colloids; models; nanoparticles; polymer nanocomposites; polymers; soot
- ... The dispersion of nanoparticles in viscous polymers is dictated by kinetics, interaction potentials between particles, and interfacial compatibility between the matrix and dispersed phases. It was previously proposed that an analogy can be made between thermally dispersed colloids and kinetically dispersed nanoparticles in viscous media when weak interactions exist between particles allowing for a ...
- McGlasson, Alex, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Macromolecules 2018 v.51 no.20 pp. 7893-7904
- electrical conductivity; models; nanocomposites; polymers; silica; soot
- ... Aggregated polymer fillers, such as carbon black and silica, at concentrations above the percolation threshold form an emergent structure, the hierarchical filler network, in immiscible systems where dispersion is driven by accumulated strain. It is proposed that the hierarchical filler network is composed of a primary nanoscale network that locally percolates at ∼5 vol % of aggregates, associated ...