Jump to Main Content
- Mears, D.R., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Acta horticulturae 2002 no.578 pp. 125-132
- air; air flow; air temperature; exhaust systems; greenhouses; insects; pesticides; plant protection; pollution; quarantine; screening
- ... The use of screening to reduce insect entry into greenhouses is becoming a common practice, particularly in commercial production facilities in warm climates. Reducing the use of pesticides has the potential to save money and to reduce chances for environmental pollution outside the greenhouse facility. In an era of increasing environmental awareness on the part of the public and its insistence fo ...
- Mears, D.R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Transactions of the ASABE 2007 v.50 no.1 pp. 275-284
- simulation models; floors; diameter; pipes; greenhouses; concrete; heating systems
- ... A numerical simulation model of a greenhouse floor heating system was developed and validated using data collected in a research greenhouse located at Cook College, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey. The model was then modified and used to evaluate two different heat pipe diameters and spacings that are typical in the greenhouse industry today: 13 mm (0.5 in.) diameter pipe placed on 2 ...