Jump to Main Content
- Mejia‐Chang, M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The new phytologist 2012 v.193 no.3 pp. 745-754
- stomatal movement; canopy; niches; dew; Crassulacean acid metabolism; epiphytes; greenhouse experimentation; physiological response; tanks; dry forests; water uptake; forest communities; leaves; Tillandsia; Mexico
- ... • Vascular epiphytes have developed distinct lifeforms to maximize water uptake and storage, particularly when delivered as pulses of precipitation, dewfall or fog. The seasonally dry forest of Chamela, Mexico, has a community of epiphytic bromeliads with Crassulacean acid metabolism showing diverse morphologies and stratification within the canopy. We hypothesize that niche differentiation may be ...
- Mejia-Chang, M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of applied microbiology 2006 v.101 no.4 pp. 815-827
- DNA; Laurus nobilis; Phytophthora ramorum; Quercus agrifolia; Umbellularia californica; agar; composting; composts; disease control; heat; isolation techniques; leaves; ovens; plant pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; viability
- ... To determine the effects of heat and composting treatments on the viability of the plant pathogen Phytophthora ramorum grown on both artificial and various natural substrates. Phytophthora ramorum was grown on V8 agar, inoculated on bay laurel leaves (Umbellularia californica) and on woody tissues of coast live oak (Quercus agrifolia). Effects on growth, viability and survival were measured as a r ...
- Mejia-Chang, M., et al. Show all 25 Authors
- Atmospheric environment 2013 v.75 pp. 348-364
- Fagus; Quercus ilex; aircraft; atmospheric chemistry; biomass; carbon dioxide; climate; drought; emissions; emissions factor; energy transfer; gas chromatography; gas exchange; heat; isoprene; mass spectrometry; mixing; models; monoterpenoids; ozone; remote sensing; seasonal variation; shrublands; spring; summer; temperate forests; temperature; transpiration; troposphere; volatile organic compounds; woodlands; Spain
- ... MONTES (“Woodlands”) was a multidisciplinary international field campaign aimed at measuring energy, water and especially gas exchange between vegetation and atmosphere in a gradient from short semi-desertic shrublands to tall wet temperate forests in NE Spain in the North Western Mediterranean Basin (WMB). The measurements were performed at a semidesertic area (Monegros), at a coastal Mediterrane ...