Jump to Main Content
- Mello, José Márcio de, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of remote sensing 2018 v.39 no.8 pp. 2597-2619
- Landsat; dry season; forests; geostatistics; image analysis; land cover; land use and land cover maps; normalized difference vegetation index; phenology; remote sensing; savannas; seasonal variation; support vector machines; time series analysis
- ... A new method for remote-sensing land-use/land-cover (LULC) change detection is proposed to eliminate the effects of forest phenology on classification results. This method is insensitive to spectral changes caused by vegetation seasonality and uses an object-based approach to extract geostatistical features from bitemporal Landsat TM (Thematic Mapper) images. We first create image objects by multi ...
- Mello, José Márcio de, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2019 v.441 pp. 99-105
- Bertholletia excelsa; Brazil nuts; conservation practices; forest types; fruit yield; fruits; intraspecific competition; models; nontimber forest products; old-growth forests; trees; Amazonia; Brazil
- ... Brazil nut (Bertholletia excelsa) is one of the most important non-timber forest product (NTFP) species in the world. Better management and conservation practices will only be possible with an in-depth knowledge of tree species ecology. This study aimed to assess the spatial association of fruit yield of Bertholletia excelsa (B. excelsa) trees in two forest types (old growth terra firme forest and ...