Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: alice?
- Melo, Aline M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Archives of virology 2016 v.161 no.9 pp. 2605-2608
- Begomovirus; Cnidoscolus urens; deformation; leaves; nucleotide sequences; passion fruits; phylogeny; sequence analysis; viruses; weeds; Brazil
- ... Begomoviruses have been detected infecting the weed Cnidoscolus urens (family Euphorbiaceae) since 2004, but the viral species to which these viruses belonged was not known. Here, we report for the first time the complete genome sequence of a bipartite begomovirus obtained from C. urens collected in the state of Alagoas, Brazil. This isolate met the criteria to be classified as a member of a new b ...
- Melo, Aline M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Tropical plant pathology 2015 v.40 no.2 pp. 111-118
- Badnavirus; DNA; Dioscorea; RNA viruses; crops; genetic variation; mutation; phylogeny; plant viruses; subtropics; viruses; yams; Brazil
- ... Badnaviruses are dsDNA plant viruses that cause diseases in economically important crops in most tropical and subtropical regions of the world. In northeastern Brazil, badnaviruses are a serious constraint to yam crops. We assessed the genetic variability of badnaviruses infecting yam crops in northeastern Brazil, based on the sequence of the RT/RNAseH domain of 96 badnavirus isolates obtained bet ...