Jump to Main Content
- Mendonça, Bruno Araujo Furtado de, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Ecological modelling 2019 v.409 pp. 108736
- Cocos nucifera; algorithms; canopy; canopy height; coconuts; crop production; forest inventory; forest plantations; forests; fruits; lidar; markets; models; monitoring; remote sensing; tree crown; tree growth; trees; Brazil
- ... Forest inventory and monitoring is indispensable for coconut (Cocos nucifera L.) forest plantation owners as it allows them in assessing tree growth, fruit production rates and vitality of plantations, as well as assists to meet up with the rising market demands by ensuring better yields. Nonetheless, the use of remote sensing techniques for optimizing the management and production of coconut plan ...
- Mendonça, Bruno Araujo Furtado de, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Geoderma regional 2014 v.2-3 pp. 9-20
- Spodosols; carbon; coatings; drainage; edaphic factors; grasslands; imogolite; isotopes; leaching; national parks; paleoecology; quartz; sandy soils; savannas; soil formation; soil organic carbon; soil profiles; texture; Amazonia; Brazil
- ... The vast and complex system of hydromorphic sandy soils in northern Brazilian Amazonia remains little studied. We investigated the broader soil–vegetation relationships in white-sand areas under Campinarana vegetation in the Viruá National Park, discussing pedogenetic processes as well as some paleoenvironmental implications. Our hypothesis was that white-sand areas were not covered with savanna g ...