Jump to Main Content
- Meneses, Cesar, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2019 v.157 pp. 205-217
- case studies; crops; farmers; greenhouses; harvest date; information technology; markets; planning; planting date; profits and margins; raw vegetables; supply chain; vegetables; Mexico
- ... The availability of new information technologies, as well as changes in agricultural markets and their underlying distribution and logistics channels, present new challenges and opportunities to small and medium size farmers. This is particularly true for farmers in emerging economies that very often grow traditional crops whose profits, as observed by small farmers, seem to continuously shrink. T ...
- Meneses, Cesar, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Computers and electronics in agriculture 2017 v.143 pp. 273-285
- algorithms; business enterprises; case studies; cattle; data collection; decision making; feedlots; income; learning; markets; models; prediction; profit maximization; time series analysis; Mexico
- ... A decision-support, modeling tool is developed that can project future cattle growth patterns in a feedlot based on a low dimensionality dataset available at the start of the feeding process. This work adapts the predictive performance of two well-known statistical machine modeling tools, gradient boosting and random forest regression, to predict future cattle growth. Time series analysis techniqu ...