Jump to Main Content
- Menezes Ramos, Fabrício, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Fisheries research 2020 v.221 pp. 105354
- anthropogenic activities; case studies; exports; fisheries; fishermen; income; markets; ornamental fish; profits and margins; risk; rivers; socioeconomics; watersheds; Brazil
- ... Ornamental fisheries and socio-economic aspects of fishermen in the major fishing regions in Brazil such as the Xingu River have been well studied. However, there is lack of information about the sustainability of “satellites” (auxiliary) fishing areas, which contribute towards supplying fish for exportation centers as Belém, the Capital of Pará state-Brazil. The ornamental fishery in the Guamá Ri ...
- Menezes Ramos, Fabrício, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Aquaculture research 2019 v.50 no.9 pp. 2437-2443
- Artemia; Cynoscion; Hypancistrus zebra; Litopenaeus vannamei; Perna perna; body weight; breeding; diet; endangered species; feeding preferences; markets; mussels; ornamental fish; rearing; shrimp; specific growth rate; stocking rate
- ... Due to the economic potential of Hypancistrus zebra in the ornamental fish market and its current classification as an endangered species in its natural occurrence sites, the present study sought to determine a suitable feed management strategy and stocking density to allow for an adequate captivity maintenance of this fish species. Three experiments were conducted as follows: (1) feed preference ...