Jump to Main Content
- Meng, Guimin, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Environment international 2019 v.127 pp. 85-93
- blood serum; carbon; case-control studies; environmental monitoring; gestational diabetes; glucose; homeostasis; humans; isomers; moieties; odds ratio; perfluoroalkyl acids; perfluorocarbons; pregnancy; pregnant women; regression analysis; risk; sulfonates; China
- ... Biomonitoring studies have shown the presence of structurally diverse perfluoroalkyl acids (PFAAs) in humans but only a few studies are available regarding the differential structural effects of PFAAs on human health.The specific association between different structural PFAAs and both gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) and glucose homeostasis in pregnant women was investigated.A prospective neste ...
- Meng, Guimin, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environment international 2018 v.119 pp. 232-238
- blood serum; case-control studies; diet; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; gestational diabetes; glucose; glucose tolerance tests; homeostasis; mass spectrometry; odds ratio; polybrominated diphenyl ethers; pregnancy; pregnant women; regression analysis; risk; China
- ... Gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) is rapidly increasing worldwide. Exposure to endocrine-disrupting chemicals such as polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) is thought to be a contributor to GDM, independent of diet and physical activity.The prospective association between PBDEs body burden in early pregnancy and GDM risk was investigated.A nested case-control study of 439 pregnant women was con ...