Jump to Main Content
- Mensah-Bonsu, Akwasi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Cogent food & agriculture 2018 v.4 no.1
- economic development; food security; international trade; issues and policy; models; supply chain
- ... This study analyzes the potential of regional integration through the advantage of global value chains in accelerating economic growth and achieving food security. This study examines whether countries must develop strategies to raise international trade or adopt policies to reinforce regional trade. The study estimates two models with panel fixed effects. The findings support that regional integr ...
- Mensah-Bonsu, Akwasi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Climate services 2017 v.6 pp. 1-11
- agricultural development; climate; contingent valuation; corn; crop acreage; cultivars; elderly; extension agents; extension programs; farm size; farmers; fertilizers; financial economics; planting date; radio; rain; surveys; weather forecasting; willingness to pay; Benin
- ... This study aims to assess the economic benefits of seasonal climate forecasts in West Africa based on a random survey of 354 maize farmers and to use the contingent valuation method. Results indicate that farmers need accurate seasonal climate forecasts between 1 and 2months before the onset of rains. The most desirable dissemination channels are radio, local elders, local farmer meetings and exte ...
- Mensah-Bonsu, Akwasi, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Agricultural finance review 2009 v.69 no.3 pp. 284-299
- agricultural finance; farmers; women; developing countries; rural areas; farm credit; farm programs; financial institutions; banking; educational status; socioeconomic status; household income; farm income; farm size; crops; rural infrastructure; organizations; interest (finance); econometric models; longitudinal studies; temporal variation; Ghana