Jump to Main Content
- Mercader-Martí, Mercè, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food research international 2017 v.100 pp. 435-444
- absorption; beverages; bioactive compounds; bioactive properties; flavonols; functional foods; grape pomace; grapes; health promotion; humans; ions; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; metabolism; metabolites; microorganisms; phenolic acids; procyanidins; sulfates; urine
- ... Grape pomace (GP) is known to be a rich source of polyphenols with biological activity which may be used as functional ingredients for the development of new health-promoting products. Numerous studies have reported that bioactive compounds may act through multiple mechanisms. In order to verify the oral absorption and metabolism of grape polyphenols, we performed a prospective, randomised and cro ...
- Mercader-Martí, Mercè, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Food chemistry 2015 v.181 pp. 146-151
- Danio rerio; anthocyanins; high performance liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; medicine; metabolites; models; pharmacology; polyphenols; red wines; toxicology
- ... The zebrafish embryo is a highly interesting biological model with applications in different scientific fields, such as biomedicine, pharmacology and toxicology. In this study, we used liquid chromatography/electrospray ionisation-linear ion trap quadrupole-Orbitrap-mass spectrometry (HPLC/ESI-LTQ-Orbitrap-MS) to identify the polyphenol compounds in a red wine extract and zebrafish embryos. Phenol ...