Jump to Main Content
- Merganicova, K., et al. Show all 23 Authors
- Environmental modelling & software 2019 v.115 pp. 128-143
- carbon; climate; climate change; cutting; forest industries; forest inventory; forest management; forests; models; statistics; Europe
- ... FORMIT-M is a widely applicable, open-access, simple and flexible, climate-sensitive forest management simulator requiring only standard forest inventory data as input. It combines a process-based carbon balance approach with a strong inventory-based empirical component. The model has been linked to the global forest sector model EFI-GTM to secure consistency between timber cutting and demand, alt ...
- Merganičová, K., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Ecosystems 2015 v.18 no.4 pp. 605-628
- Picea mariana; carbon sinks; coniferous forests; dead wood; decayed wood; edaphic factors; forest ecosystems; forest mensuration; ground vegetation; hardwood forests; meta-analysis; models; soil; tree trunk; uncertainty; Australia; Belarus; Canada; Germany; Japan; Norway; Russia; Slovakia; Sweden; United States; Wales
- ... Buried wood (BW: downed deadwood buried more than 50% by soil, litter, or ground vegetation) is a common but understudied part of forest ecosystems. We reviewed the literature and conducted a meta-analysis of BW that included new data from Australia, Belarus, Canada, Germany, Japan, Norway, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden, the USA, and Wales. Buried wood occurred in a wide range of forest types of natura ...