Jump to Main Content
- Merlin, Tristan, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Acta veterinaria Hungarica 2019 v.67 no.2 pp. 282-295
- adrenalectomy; anesthesia; body weight; carcinoma; chi-square distribution; cortisol; descriptive statistics; dogs; hemorrhage; hypotension; methadone; morphine; patients; survival rate; t-test; temperature; vena cava
- ... Little information is available about the management of adrenalectomies in veterinary anaesthesia. The aim of this study was to describe the anaesthetic techniques, the complication rate and outcome of these cases. Data were collected retrospectively from patients' records. Descriptive statistics were performed with Student's t-tests and Chi-square tests where appropriate. Forty-one cases were inc ...
- Merlin, Tristan, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Research in veterinary science 2017 v.115 pp. 271-277
- analgesia; anesthesia; dogs; heart rate; isoflurane; nociception; prediction; surgery; systolic blood pressure
- ... The Parasympathetic Tone Activity (PTA) is an index based on the analysis of heart rate variability that has been recently developed to assess the analgesia/nociception balance in anaesthetised animals. The present study aimed to evaluate its performance in dogs undergoing surgery.Thirty dogs admitted for elective surgeries, were anaesthetised with a standardised protocol. PTA, heart rate (HR), sy ...