Jump to Main Content
- Meyer, N.L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- South African journal of botany 2015 v.98 pp. 10-15
- Euphorbia; poisonous plants; soil sampling; triterpenoids
- ... The cause and maintenance of the fairy circle phenomenon of the Namibian pro-desert have not yet been satisfactorily explained. Several diverse hypotheses have been put forward, but none have universally been accepted. In the current study a possible link between the barren patches (fairy circles) of the Garub region (southern Namibian pro-desert) and Euphorbia gummifera was investigated, by deter ...
- Meyers, N.L., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Soil Science Society of America journal 1995 v.59 no.3 pp. 871-876
- forest soils; forest trees; topography; soil heterogeneity; soil morphology; bulk density; particle size distribution; phosphorus; potassium; nutrient content; soil water content; seasonal variation; soil depth; landscapes; Wisconsin
- ... The uprooting of trees (treethrow) creates major changes in some soil properties. This study was conducted to document both the extent of treethrow activity and its influence on soil properties in northern Wisconsin. We determined the extent of treethrow at 12 localities and studied 10 of those localities in detail. We determined bulk density, particle size distribution, P, K, pH, and moisture sta ...