Jump to Main Content
- Mi, Sha, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2007 v.104 no.36 pp. 14430-14435
- Parkinson disease; animal models; antagonists; antibodies; brain; disease models; epidermal growth factor receptors; humans; knockout mutants; mice; neurites; neuroprotective effect; neurotoxicity; patients; phosphorylation; signal transduction; tyrosine
- ... The nervous system-specific leucine-rich repeat Ig-containing protein LINGO-1 is associated with the Nogo-66 receptor complex and is endowed with a canonical EGF receptor (EGFR)-like tyrosine phosphorylation site. Our studies indicate that LINGO-1 expression is elevated in the substantia nigra of Parkinson's disease (PD) patients compared with age-matched controls and in animal models of PD after ...
- PubMed Central:
- Mi, Sha, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Science 2005 v.310 no.5755 pp. 1813-1817
- glycoproteins; mice; myelin sheath; nerve tissue; neurites; oligodendroglia; proteomics; rats; spinal cord
- ... Nodes of Ranvier are regularly placed, nonmyelinated axon segments along myelinated nerves. Here we show that nodal membranes isolated from the central nervous system (CNS) of mammals restricted neurite outgrowth of cultured neurons. Proteomic analysis of these membranes revealed several inhibitors of neurite outgrowth, including the oligodendrocyte myelin glycoprotein (OMgp). In rat spinal cord, ...