Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: maria?
- Mikš, Marta Hanna, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Current opinion in biotechnology 2019 v.56 pp. 130-137
- bioactive properties; biotechnology; breast milk; cell engineering; commercialization; fermentation; infant formulas; infant nutrition; manufacturing; neonates; oligosaccharides; prices; synthesis
- ... Human Milk Oligosaccharides (HMOs) constitute an important, highly abundant part of mothers’ milk delivering many health benefits to the neonate. Until recently, limited availability of HMOs has prevented their use in infant nutrition and impeded research into their biological effects. The shift from chemical synthesis to biotechnological manufacturing has made them accessible in quantities and at ...
- Mikš, Marta Hanna, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2019 v.103 no.7 pp. 3135-3152
- 1-phosphofructokinase; Lactobacillus; Leuconostoc; Pediococcus; arabinose; carbohydrate metabolism; data collection; fermentation; food industry; genome-wide association study; genotype-phenotype correlation; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; industrial applications; lactic acid bacteria; mannose; multigene family; nucleotide sequences; operon; phylogeny
- ... Owing to their unique potential to ferment carbohydrates, both homo- and heterofermentative lactic acid bacteria (LAB) are widely used in the food industry. Deciphering the genetic basis that determine the LAB fermentation type, and hence carbohydrate utilization, is paramount to optimize LAB industrial processes. Deep sequencing of 24 LAB species and comparison with 32 publicly available genome s ...