Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: mills?
- Miles, Brianna L., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Global change biology 2015 v.21 no.2 pp. 708-721
- eddy covariance; turbulent flow; bark beetles; overstory; wood; leaf area; soil; carbon; growing season; friction; seasonal variation; summer; ecosystems; ecosystem respiration; biomass; stand basal area; tree mortality; mortality; leaves; forests
- ... Eddy covariance nighttime fluxes are uncertain due to potential measurement biases. Many studies report eddy covariance nighttime flux lower than flux from extrapolated chamber measurements, despite corrections for low turbulence. We compared eddy covariance and chamber estimates of ecosystem respiration at the GLEES Ameriflux site over seven growing seasons under high turbulence [summer night mea ...
- Miles, Brianna, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2010 v.107 no.18 pp. 8492-8497
- quantitative trait loci; messenger RNA; leaf development; Populus deltoides; transcription (genetics); Populus trichocarpa; gene expression; cell differentiation; xylem; gene expression regulation; roots; promoter regions; leaves
- ... A fundamental goal of systems biology is to identify genetic elements that contribute to complex phenotypes and to understand how they interact in networks predictive of system response to genetic variation. Few studies in plants have developed such networks, and none have examined their conservation among functionally specialized organs. Here we used genetical genomics in an interspecific hybrid ...
- PubMed Central:
- Miles, Brianna L., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- new phytologist 2009 v.182 no.4 pp. 878-890
- Populus; biomass; carbon; carbon sequestration; cellulose; dry matter partitioning; ethanol production; genes; genetic correlation; genotype; germplasm; industry; lignin; loci; nitrogen; paper; pedigree; perennials; pulp; quantitative trait loci; trees; wood; wood chemistry
- ... • The genetic control of carbon allocation and partitioning in woody perennial plants is poorly understood despite its importance for carbon sequestration, biofuels and other wood‐based industries. It is also unclear how environmental cues, such as nitrogen availability, impact the genes that regulate growth, biomass allocation and wood composition in trees. • We phenotyped 396 clonally replicated ...