Jump to Main Content
- Millhollon, Eddie P., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of environmental quality 2009 v.38 no.6 pp. 2458
- agricultural runoff; constructed wetlands; water quality; water treatment; agricultural watersheds; agricultural land; pastures; forests; forested watersheds; hydrologic models; topography; design; Natural Resources Conservation Service; soil-plant-atmosphere interactions; simulation models; depth; hurricanes; Louisiana
- ... The goal of this study was to construct a wetland that would detain runoff from a 162-ha watershed for the purposes of improving water quality. The volume of runoff that needed to be detained was determined to be that amount coming off the 162-ha watershed consisting of 146 ha of cultivated crop land and 16 ha of pasture that exceeded the amount that would have come off of the watershed in its nat ...
- Millhollon, Eddie P., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Crop science 1994 v.34 no.3 pp. 706-714
- salt tolerance; cultivars; glutathione-disulfide reductase; catalase; chemical constituents of plants; Gossypium hirsutum; alpha-tocopherol; varietal resistance; resistance mechanisms; genetic variation; enzyme activity; peroxidase; antioxidants
- ... The mechanism(s) importing salt tolerance to plants remains unresolved. Although cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) is classified as salt-tolerant plant, variation in salt tolerance has been observed among different cultivars. The purpose of this study was to determine if more salt-tolerant cultivars contain higher constitutive or inducible levels of antioxidants than more salt-sensitive cultivars. Gr ...