Jump to Main Content
- Minus, Matthew B., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2016 v.138 no.24 pp. 7472-7475
- acids; ambient temperature; buffers; chemical bonding; histidine; polypeptides; proteins
- ... Chemical modification of proteins and peptides represents a challenge of reaction design as well as an important biological tool. In contrast to side-chain modification, synthetic methods to alter backbone structure are extremely limited. In this communication, copper-mediated backbone N-alkenylation or N-arylation of peptides and proteins by direct modification of natural sequences is described. ...
- Minus, Matthew B., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemical communications 2016 v.52 no.78 pp. 11685-11688
- chemical reactions; fluorescence; fluorescent dyes; rhodium
- ... Rhodium(ii)–fluorophore conjugates have strong rhodium-based fluorescence quenching that can be harnessed to report on a conjugate's cellular uptake and the intracellular decomposition rate. Information gleened from this study allowed the design of an improved STAT3 metalloinhibitor. ...