Jump to Main Content
- Mir, Fernando, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2018 v.53 Suppl S3 pp. 85-95
- Great Dane; bitches; cesarean section; dystocia; estrus; mortality; ovulation; pregnancy; premature birth; progeny; progesterone; puppies; pups; retrospective studies; ultrasonography; viability; whelping
- ... Since most of dystocia end up in caesarean sections (C‐sections), the history of any problem during whelping is a good reason to plan in advance a further C‐section. Our aim was to confirm that on a large sample and over an extended period of time, mortality in puppies <2 weeks of age was low, born after a planned C‐section using aglepristone as a primer. Seventy‐four C‐sections on 59 different bi ...
- Mir, Fernando, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Theriogenology 2013 v.79 no.2 pp. 312-322
- adverse effects; animal ovaries; bacteria; biopsy; bitches; endometritis; erythrocytes; fibrosis; histopathology; hyperplasia; laparotomy; leukocytes; medical treatment; observational studies; ovarian cysts; pathogens; pregnancy; prostaglandins; pyometra; risk; uterus; viruses
- ... Surgical uterine biopsies (SUBs) were obtained by laparotomy from 14 bitches with unexplained infertility whose pregnancy was not confirmed (NCP group) and from 7 bitches that had experienced unexplained pregnancy loss (PL). SUBs were obtained during the luteal phase of the cycle in 16 of 21 bitches. Overall, the biopsied uterine tissues presented obvious alterations in 17 of 21 cases. In the NCP ...