Jump to Main Content
- Mishima, Michiaki, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- BMC complementary and alternative medicine 2018 v.18 no.1 pp. 287
- C-reactive protein; acupuncture; amyloid; analysis of covariance; biomarkers; blood serum; body composition; body weight; hemoglobin; inflammation; interleukin-6; muscle strength; nutritional status; patients; prealbumin; prognosis; randomized clinical trials; respiratory tract diseases; retinol-binding protein; transferrin; tumor necrosis factor-alpha
- ... BACKGROUND: There are an increasing number of evidences that chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a systemic illness and that bodyweight loss is its prominent manifestation. We focused on the nutritional outcomes to find out the effectiveness of acupuncture on nutritional state of COPD patients and on their prognosis in our previous interventional study. METHODS: The present study is re ...
- Mishima, Michiaki, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2007 v.104 no.7 pp. 2361-2365
- air; diet; fractal dimensions; humans; lungs; mice; milk; morphogenesis; pulmonary emphysema; simulation models; vitamin D; vitamin D deficiency
- ... The concept of fractal geometry is useful for the analysis of irregular and complex structures often seen in nature. Here we apply this concept to investigate the structural mechanism of the development of pulmonary emphysema in the klotho mouse, which, after milk feeding, exhibits characteristics resembling aging and develops emphysema. We calculated the relationships between perimeter and size c ...
- PubMed Central: