Jump to Main Content
- Mitani, H., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Insect molecular biology 2004 v.13 no.3 pp. 219-224
- ticks; organelle genome; structural genes; mitochondrial DNA; Haemaphysalis; ribosomal DNA; transfer RNA; phylogeny; codons; genomics; Ornithodoros moubata
- ... There are two major groups of ticks: soft ticks and hard ticks. The hard ticks comprise the prostriate ticks and the metastriate ticks. The mitochondrial (mt) genomes of one species of prostriate tick and two species of metastriate ticks had been sequenced prior to our study. The prostriate tick has the ancestral arrangement of mt genes of arthropods, whereas the two metastriate ticks have rearran ...
- Mitani, H., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2001 v.67 no.11 pp. 5161-5165
- restriction fragment length polymorphism; disease reservoirs; disease vectors; ribosomal RNA; Borrelia; ribosomal DNA; Ixodes persulcatus; surveys; internal transcribed spacers; genes; Apodemus; China
- ... In May 1999, field surveys of Lyme disease spirochetes were conducted around the Tianshan Mountains in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region in northwestern People's Republic of China. Ixodes persulcatus ticks were obtained in a Tianchi Lake valley with primary forest, while the tick fauna was poor in the semidesert or at higher altitudes in this region. Species identities were confirmed by molecular a ...
- PubMed Central: