Jump to Main Content
- Marques, Marcus Vinicius Romero; Marin, Sandra Yuliet; Couto, Rodrigo de Macedo; Ecco, Roselene; Resende, Mauricio; Martins, Nelson Rodrigo da Silva
- Avian pathology 2019 v.48 no.3 pp. 278-283
- Mitu mitu, etc ; Fowl aviadenovirus A; nuclear inclusions; biosecurity; chicken eggs; tracheitis; genes; epithelium; birds; Brazil; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Extinct from nature, captive young Alagoas curassows (Pauxi mitu) were found agonizing or dead with respiratory disease. Intranuclear inclusion bodies were found in the epithelia of the trachea, associated with marked necrotic tracheitis. An Aviadenovirus was isolated in chicken eggs and characterized genetically with 99% identity to the fowl Aviadenovirus A, as based on the hexon protein gene. Th ...
- Gama, Gabriela M.; Malhado, Ana C.M.; Bragagnolo, Chiara; Correia, Ricardo A.; Ladle, Richard J.
- Journal for nature conservation 2016 v.29 pp. 25-32
- Mitu mitu, etc ; biodiversity; bushmeat; education programs; educational status; forests; fuelwood; gender; habitat destruction; habitat fragmentation; habitats; private lands; sociodemographic characteristics; surveys; viability; Brazil; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... The Alagoas Curassow (Pauxi mitu) became extinct in the wild in the 1980's through a combination of loss/degradation of its Atlantic Forest habitat and over-hunting. Ambitious plans are now underway to reintroduce captive-reared Curassows using a patchwork of protected forest fragments on private lands. Although the planned reintroduction sites are broadly ecologically suitable, it is not clear th ...