Jump to Main Content
- Mkingule, Idefonce, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Process biochemistry 2019 v.80 pp. 35-42
- Escherichia coli; Meiothermus ruber; acetaldehyde; catalytic activity; fructose-bisphosphate aldolase; genes; heterologous gene expression
- ... To overcome the deficiency in which 2-Deoxy-d-ribose-5-phosphate aldolase (DERA) exhibits low levels of catalytic efficiency in aldol reactions and poor tolerance for high concentrations of aldehyde, two novel deoC genes encoding DERAPyc and DERAMet were identified in Pyrobaculum calidifontis and Meiothermus ruber that had heterologous expression in E. coli BL21. The specific activities toward 2-D ...
- Mkingule, Idefonce, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2019 v.84 pp. 704-710
- Aeromonas hydrophila; Anguilla japonica; Bacillus amyloliquefaciens; Vibrio anguillarum; Yarrowia lipolytica; additives; amylases; animal growth; aquaculture; bacterial infections; blood serum; carboxylic ester hydrolases; diet; disease resistance; enzyme activity; farmed fish; growth performance; immune response; leukocytes; lysozyme; mortality; mucus; pathogens; peroxidase; phagocytosis; reactive oxygen species; shellfish; trypsin
- ... Japanese eel (Anguilla japonica) has become a commercially important fish species all over the world. High-density aquaculture has led to congestion and contributed to bacterial infection outbreaks that have caused high mortality. Therefore a 56-days feeding trial was conducted to determine the effects of dietary Bacillus amyloliquefaciens (GB-9) and Yarrowia lipolytica lipase2 (YLL2) on growth pe ...