Jump to Main Content
- Modic, Špela, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Insect science 2017 v.24 no.6 pp. 1057-1064
- Beauveria bassiana; Brassica; Clonostachys; Delia radicum; Metarhizium brunneum; Trichoderma atroviride; biological control; biopesticides; cauliflower; field experimentation; fungi; hoeing; lambda-cyhalothrin; nitrogen; pests; plantlets; population dynamics; pupae; rhizosphere competence; roots; spatial variation; spinosad; temporal variation; thiamethoxam
- ... Cabbage root fly (Delia radicum L.) control represents a major challenge in brassica production, therefore different management strategies for its control were tested in conventionally managed open field cauliflower production. Strategies included treatments with low‐risk methods such as nitrogen lime, the insecticide spinosad and the Beauveria bassiana ATCC 74040‐based biopesticide Naturalis. The ...
- Modic, Špela, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Pest management science 2016 v.72 no.2 pp. 246-254
- European Union; Ostrinia nubilalis; Trichogramma brassicae; biological control; corn; farmers; foods; integrated pest management; lambda-cyhalothrin; mycotoxins; on-farm research; profits and margins; raw materials; France; Italy; Slovenia
- ... BACKGROUND: A 2 year study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy of biological control with optimally timed Trichogramma brassicae releases as an integrated pest management tool against the European corn borer (ECB), Ostrinia nubilalis (Hübner), in on‐farm experiments (i.e. real field conditions) in three European regions with dissimilar geoclimatic conditions and ECB pressure and conventional ma ...