Jump to Main Content
- Monaghan, Kelly N., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 2019 v.254 no.4 pp. 483-486
- bladder; catheters; cats; males; sodium chloride
- ... OBJECTIVE To evaluate the effect of urinary bladder lavage on in-hospital recurrence of urethral obstruction (UO) and durations of urinary catheter retention and hospitalization for male cats. DESIGN Randomized controlled clinical trial. ANIMALS 137 male cats with UO. PROCEDURES Following random allocation, cats either did (flush group; n = 69) or did not (no-flush group; 68) undergo urinary bladd ...
- Monaghan, Kelly N, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- adrenalectomy; aldosterone; anorexia; blindness; carcinoma; cats; creatine kinase; estradiol; females; gastrointestinal system; hemorrhage; histopathology; hypersecretion; hypertension; hypokalemia; medical records; necropsy; progesterone; retrospective studies; signs and symptoms (animals and humans); uremia
- ... The objective of this retrospective study was to describe the clinical signs and diagnostic findings in cats with histopathologically confirmed adrenal neoplasms, and to assess correlations with survival data. Study data were acquired by reviewing medical records for all cats diagnosed with adrenal neoplasms at seven referral institutions between 2002 and 2013. Inclusion criteria required a histop ...
- Monaghan, Kelly N., et al. Show all 2 Author
- The Veterinary clinics of North America 2011 v.41 no.1 pp. 227-238
- blood; chronic diseases; drug therapy; drugs; overdose; poisoning; toxicity; toxins
- ... Renal replacement therapies (RRT) are increasingly used for the treatment of acute and chronic kidney diseases as well as intoxications and accidental drug overdoses. These therapies offer a mechanism for the removal of toxic substances from the patient's blood and supplement the standard detoxification protocols. If instituted early, RRT can have a significant effect on the course of the toxicity ...