Jump to Main Content
- Monastero, Rebecca N., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Environmental geochemistry and health 2020 v.42 no.2 pp. 389-395
- Internet; autocorrelation; brain; ionizing radiation; neoplasms; radon; risk factors; spinal cord; therapeutics; working conditions; Iowa; Minnesota; New Jersey; Pennsylvania; Wisconsin
- ... Ionizing radiation at diagnostic and therapeutic doses is a known contributor to the development of brain and spinal cord (CNS) cancer. However, little is known about risk from exposure to radon, a natural radiation source which the general population is exposed to residentially and environmentally. This study investigated correlations between mean county radon levels and CNS cancer incidence in f ...
- Monastero, Rebecca N., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental research 2017 v.156 pp. 334-340
- Western diets; antibodies; blood serum; body mass index; cross-sectional studies; education; epidemiological studies; fish consumption; gender; income; interferon-gamma; interleukin-10; interleukin-17; interleukin-1beta; interleukin-4; mercury; models; nationalities and ethnic groups; neurotoxins; omega-3 fatty acids; omega-6 fatty acids; polyunsaturated fatty acids; questionnaires; regression analysis; seafoods; selenium; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; women; United States
- ... Mercury (Hg) is a well-known neurotoxin, and has been more recently studied specifically as an immunotoxin. In experimental and a few epidemiologic studies, Hg has been associated with distinct cytokine profiles and antinuclear antibody (ANA) positivity, though patterns at lower levels of exposure, typical of seafood consumers with a western diet, are not well characterized.Seafood consumers (n=28 ...