Jump to Main Content
- Monfared, Sajad Rashidi, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2019 v.246 pp. 366-370
- 2,4-D; Papaver rhoeas; adventitious shoots; benzyladenine; callus; cotyledons; culture media; cytokinins; explants; horticultural crops; hypocotyls; kinetin; naphthaleneacetic acid; petioles; picloram; recalcitrant species; tissue culture; traditional medicine
- ... The corn poppy (Papaver rhoeas L.) is an important horticultural plant and one of the most well-known members of the Papaveraceae. The species is also used for the treatment of various diseases in folk medicine. Using a biotechnological approach, this species can be further improved. However, the corn poppy is a recalcitrant plant species for tissue culture. Here, we investigated what effects expl ...
- Monfared, Sajad Rashidi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Gene expression patterns 2017 v.25-26 pp. 76-84
- salt tolerance; crop production; messenger RNA; complementary DNA; open reading frames; salinity; expressed sequence tags; rapid amplification of cDNA ends; vacuoles; amino acids; halophytes; weeds; Aeluropus; salt stress
- ... Salinity is among the most important abiotic stresses affecting crop production throughout the earth. Halophyte plants can sustain high salinity levels, therefore elucidating molecular mechanisms underlying their salinity resistance is beneficial for crop improvement. Aeluropus littoralis, a halophyte weed, is a great genetic resource for this purpose. Isolated expressed sequence taq (EST) sequenc ...