Jump to Main Content
- Monti, Gianna Serafina, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 2017 v.36 no.5 pp. 1181-1192
- Ursus maritimus; adults; control methods; ecosystems; ecotoxicology; food chain; food contamination; milk; perfluorooctane sulfonic acid; persistent organic pollutants; risk; seals; Arctic region
- ... The exposure of the Arctic ecosystem to persistent organic pollutants (POPs) was assessed through a review of literature data. Concentrations of 19 chemicals or congeneric groups were estimated for the highest levels of the Arctic food chain (Arctic cod, ringed seals, and polar bears). The ecotoxicological risk for seals, bears, and bear cubs was estimated by applying the concentration addition (C ...
- Monti, Gianna Serafina, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecotoxicology and environmental safety 2012 v.86 pp. 93-100
- Vibrio fischeri; bacteria; chemical structure; fungicides; herbicides; insecticides; models; narcotics; prediction; synergism; toxicity
- ... The toxicity of eight complex mixtures of chemicals with different chemical structures and toxicological modes of action (narcotics, polar narcotics, herbicides, insecticides, fungicides) was tested on the luminescent bacterium Vibrio fischeri. There were maximum 84 individual chemicals in the mixtures. Suitable statistical approaches were applied for the comparison between experimental results an ...