Jump to Main Content
- Moon, Ellen M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2016 v.50 no.15 pp. 8010-8019
- arsenic; biomineralization; crystal structure; desorption; fires; hematite; iron; nanocrystals; particle size; seasonal wetlands; sulfates; surface area; temperature; water quality
- ... Fires in iron-rich seasonal wetlands can thermally transform Fe(III) minerals and alter their crystallinity. However, the fate of As associated with thermally transformed Fe(III) minerals is unclear, as are the consequences for As mobilization during subsequent reflooding and reductive cycles. Here, we subject As(V)-coprecipitated schwertmannite to thermal transformation (200, 400, 600 and 800 °C) ...
- Moon, Ellen M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Ecological management & restoration 2017 v.18 no.2 pp. 103-114
- acid sulfate soils; case studies; cost effectiveness; ecological restoration; ecology; estuaries; fauna; flora; liming; streams; wetlands; Queensland
- ... A severely degraded acid sulfate soil wetland near Cairns, Queensland, has been returned to a functional estuarine habitat using a cost‐effective, low‐technology method based on the reintroduction of tidal water. Gradual increases in tidal inundation, combined with targeted liming of the tidal stream, restored conditions that promoted chemical and microbial processes leading to the rapid recolonis ...